One of my OST files got corrupted recently. I have lot of very imported emails in that OST. I need to recover it badly. While I was searching about the recovery software, I came to know about DataNumen Exchange Recovery tool. I started reading its feature. It is impressive however they also claiming that if we find out any recoverable tool which is better than their tool, then they can refund the money. Able to see the comparison of other tools in their website. I did not tried everything, however I tried scanpst in the past. The claim actually tempted me to try their tool.
I downloaded their demo version to check the feature. I thought that the limitation will be file size restriction or number of OST file to use. I don’t find any restriction like that initially. So I pointed the source OST file and it took around 40 minutes to recover the data. I got the recovered .PST file in the destination folder.
I did not read the information carefully at first sight. I was able to open the PST and able to see all my folders and emails there. Phew!! When I opened one of the emails I found it actually rewritten it actual content with the below message.
Even though the emails were rewritten, I double checked all my emails and everything was recovered without any issues. Just wanted to double check the functionality, I tried with scanpst but unable to see all my emails there. This tool is definitely far better than scanpst. So I am now confident enough to proceed with the full version
I got the license and activated the tool. You can see the proof below 🙂
I am trying to recover my OST file which is around 900 MB in size. This is the same file that I used to try in the demo version. I just wanted to validate with the same file for two reason.
- I need the OST to be recovered obviously!!
- I just wanted to see the recovered file difference between demo and full as demo rewrites the entire emails with the purchase information.
This tool is capable enough to recover the batch of OSTs simultaneously. At this moment my requirement is recover only one OST. So I am not going for batch recovery. Let me stick with recovery tab. I did explored all its available option and it seems that they pretty much covered everything.
When I clicked advanced option I can see the available options which is in the below screen shot.
I wanted to stick with the default options at the moment. So I did not changed any settings. If you know the OST version, you can also select the version. If you are not sure just select the “Auto Determined” option and the tool will take care of the rest of the part. I selected auto determined and it converted it with the supported version, I was able to map the PST in my Outlook 2013 without any issues.
I clicked “Start Recovery” button to initiate the recovery process. It might take around 40 minutes to get it completed (Expected as demo version took around 40 mins). Let see how long for full version. I guess it will be similar time or lesser as it does not require to rewrite all emails.
It took lesser than that to complete the recovery. I guess it is because of no need to rewrite the mails.
The recovered file is almost double in size. It’s now 1.7 GB!! Not sure why it is so much big after the recovery. Anyway I got all my emails back and also I can see recovered folder with some random value. The help section says these are loss and found section folders.
Overall I am satisfied with this tool. I am not writing any biased review. I really liked it so I thought of sharing it with you all. If you know any tool better than this, then let me know through comments. At least I can get a refund by mentioning that competitor tool name. Lol 🙂